Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by means of a number of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top position among this chic assortment is taken by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a result of abundant choice of textures and colours, such floors appear spectacular and stylish, and match with any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only with their presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, so it’s often employed as the main component for decorating floors.
One of the positive properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat does not wear off and does not lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- safety in application. The planks are resistant to elevated temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products are not terrified of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The substance is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at high temperature Can conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t inferior to flooring made from pure wood or stone.
No matter how ideal this material is, it is not devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate can comprise:
- The high cost. The product, that can last more than a dozen decades 1poshtoram.ru is pricey, but in performance, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The first variant of the coating is obtained by the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it’s produced from special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burned and pressed under high pressure. The result is a lasting and beautiful ending material.
The 2 types of boards just replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but occasionally square ones are readily available.